At the heart of the National Cancer Plan is the idea that everyone has a role in ending cancer as we know it.
But no single group or person can do this alone. To succeed, federal agencies, industry, universities, advocacy groups, nonprofits, and individual people must work together to share knowledge, solve problems, remove barriers, and bring about meaningful change.
National Cancer Plan Stakeholder Meeting
Convened by the President's Cancer Panel
Thursday, September 7, 2023
View a recording of the meeting.
Cancer Cabinet Meeting
Convened by President Biden and First Lady Biden
Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Read remarks by the President and First Lady.
Read a White House Fact Sheet on new actions and commitments in support of the Cancer Moonshot.
Are you ready to contribute to progress against cancer?
Here are steps to take now to join the effort:
- Read the National Cancer Plan.
- Follow us on social media at @theNCI to stay up to date on plan progress and learn more about how to join our efforts.
- Look for and use #Every1HasARole and #NationalCancerPlan to join the conversation.
- Subscribe to the National Cancer Plan Updates newsletter to learn about the plan's progress, news, and activities from around the community.
- Questions? Email us at NationalCancerPlan@nih.gov.
The National Cancer Plan has received an outpouring of support from across the cancer community. Check out these statements of support and ongoing efforts:
- From the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) (April 3,2023)
- From the American Cancer Society (ACS) (April 3, 2023)
- From the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) (April 3, 2023)
- From the Association of American Cancer Institutes (AACI)
- From Friends of Cancer Research (April 3, 2023)
- From the University of Colorado Cancer Center (Series of articles posted April 28, 2023 to August 4, 2023)
- From the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) (August 17, 2023)
- From the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) (October 18, 2023)
- From the FDA Oncology Center of Excellence (November 15, 2023)